Monday, May 28, 2012

Miss Buttons

I only know her as "Buttons".  I first encountered her the day I was moving into the new digs.  I would quickly learn, everyone in the neighborhood knew Buttons.  She's not around much after real winter sets in, but reappears come warm weather with her own version of "normal" this day (Monday official Memorial Day) she played her part, celebrating deep in her cups and breaking out her traveling "yard" sale.







I asked Buttons if I could take her photo with her yard sale.  "Well you better buy sump'tm then, sugar." she said.  As always, I tell her I'll look.  Decked out as appropriate for the holiday (like any good sales person), Button shows me what
one of her best items.


Miss Buttons









I suggested she give me a over the sholder look; something sassy like the red carpet, when I realized within a year her deminished capacity.  A year ago, Buttons would have understood, and given me a full on over the sholder Diva of the Block pose.





"Chicago CUBS" safty pinned to her bum...mere shadow of the spunk Buttons first greeted me with 3 years ago.

No comments: